XMatters creates “Relevance Engines” that deliver relevant information about business interruptions, disasters, ad community alerts to individuals and group audiences based on their geographic location, job group, availability, channel preferences, and other key factors.
Their Relevance Engines have myriad uses for organizations across industries. However, XMatters needed to clarify their offering in order to grow their customer base and increase value to existing customers.
There are few industries and few professions that couldn’t put XMatters to use but we needed to start with their Super Fans and Early Adopters–groups for whom the use cases were apparent and the success metrics and stories were easy to share.
We also needed a simple way to share the learnings of XMatters’ existing customers, Super Fans, and Early Adopters–and to leverage this to grow value with new and existing customers.
This was the basis of our content strategy for the XMatters website and the online community.
We ultimately delivered…
- A redesigned website with completely new messaging and content that was targeted to Super Fan/Early Adopters and easy for like audiences to understand;
- An elegant UI, taxonomy, and ontology that made the information easy to discover–and “breadcrumbed” site visitors to contact XMatters; and
- An integrated community that allowed current and prospective customers to share their XMatters knowledge and experience.
My Role In The Solution:
I was part of a great team of talented designers, developers, program and project managers. To this team and project I contributed…
- Developing the initial design concepts (sketches) for the new visual design
- Leading visual and UX designers to design a new visual design, information architecture and interface.
- Developing the content strategy for the redesigned website and community
- Writing copy and managing copywriters, designers, and HTML developers who produced content for the site
- Providing creative direction for the website and community
- Developing IA and UX for the website and community
Increase in the percentage of website visitors who engage with video and other interactive content and who complete a lead form (demo, contact sales, request info). Growth in number and percentage of website visitors who join the XMatters community. Lower percentage of level one questions being escalated to higher level support.